Ahh, romance! We love a date night, whether it’s a first date, a night out with your partner, or a self-care solo sesh, St. Pete is the perfect locale for an evening of fun. To help you plan the perfect night out, we’ve put together this handy guide of date night ideas. Which adventure will you choose?
The Casual Beach Date
- Sunny hangs at St. Pete Beach: Enjoy a laid-back seaside stroll in the white sands at the #1 Beach in the U.S. (TripAdvisor 2021).
- A Slyce of heaven at St. Pete Beach: Listen, sharing is optional. Pizza pies are on deck at delectable Slyce.
- Live music at Jimmy B’s: There’s nothing better than a drink in hand and live entertainment! Jimmy B’s delivers on lively atmosphere and an open-air patio with a view.
- Cool down at Larry’s Ice Cream & Gelato: It’s tradition! This St. Pete staple has been satisfying sweets enthusiasts since ’8 Malts, scoops, and donuts, oh my.
The Artsy Date
- Generate Buzz at Paradeco: They call it a “dose of paradise” for a reason! Start your date with a coffee, tea, or smoothie at Paradeco Coffee Roasters.
- A Surreal Time at The Dali: Play art critic amongst surrealist art by the one and only Salvador Dali!
- One for the books at The Library: In this cool locale inspired by the George Peabody Library features delicious fare including jumbo sea scallops and squid ink pasta.
- Stroll through Roser Park: End the evening with a walk through historic Roser Park, a 270-acre “streetcar suburb” rife with a variety of architectural marvels, from Tudor Revivals to Prairies and Foursquares, as well as one of St. Pete’s most popular creeks.
The Sporty Date
- Get Rowdie: #CoupleGoals are here at Al Lang Stadium! Catch a Rowdies soccer game with your fellow sports fanatic.
- Roll up your sleeves: Chill out post-game at Thirsty First for down-to-earth grub and plenty of brew. Don’t pass up the Prohibition Tots!
- Serve, pass, bump at North Shore Park: Feeling energized after dinner and drinks? Enjoy a pick-up game of sand volleyball at scenic North Shore Park.
- BONUS: Feeling adventurous? Try your hand at Kiteboarding with your date or partner! All of the adrenaline, all of the fun.
The Self-Care Solo Date
- Sunset at Spa Beach: Spa Beach is the name, and relaxing is the game. Grab your favorite read and head on over for a scenic waterside read.
- Lunch with a view at Fresco’s Waterfront Bistro: Treat yourself to a gorgeous lunch with equally stunning views. Try the Mango Habanero Shrimp or the Black & Blue Ahi Salad.
- Retail therapy, anyone? Treat yourself! An hour or two at The Sundial is just what the doctor ordered.
- Zen out at the Kapok Tree: Bring a blanket to the Museum of Fine Arts and lay under the beautiful Kapok, also known as the Bombax Tree. Tranquility unlocked! Bonus points if you take yourself on a little museum tour afterwards.
The Classic Date
- Just like the movies: Take in the latest flick at AMC Sundial 12. Pass the popcorn!
- Good eats at Renzo’s: Steak or seafood? Why not both! Renzo’s offers plenty of options, from The Mighty Chivito to Paella.
- Sweets or bust: You can’t pass up an opportunity for a sweet treat in St. Pete. Paciugo Gelato & Caffe will satisfy your sweet tooth with a wide range of gelato flavors. Spring for the Caramel By the Sea or a Brookiedough Blizzard.
- Care for a Nightcap? If you still have a little room left, treat yourselves to a nightcap at Flute & Dram.
No matter which date you go on, finish the night with sweeping rooftop views right here at Arte! Our sensational rooftop is full of lounge spaces, a firepit, a ping pong table, and more. It’s the perfect spot to end a fabulous night of fun.